Simply Tasks
The other day, whilst making my favourite curry, I decided that my spices needed some organisation. After rummaging around, for the required ingredients, and taking forever, my patience ran out, and I started to look at the various options. I decided that I just didn’t have enough work top space to put a spice rack on, and looking in the catalogue of my Kitchen supplier I noted that they had a three tier rack that could be hung on the cupboard door. So off I went and ordered. I know on hindsight that I should have consulted’ the expert’ Brian my Husband. He would have immediately sat and thought about it, and therefore saved us a lot of time, read on...........
Yesterday, we collected the above equipment, it looked perfect for the job, and we couldn’t wait to get home and hang the thing. Brian set to the task. It looked so simple just screw to the door and rack the spices. As you know nothing works out as easy as that does it? We discussed where I would like the rack placed, but it soon became obvious that the cupboard shelves needed to be realigned. So that meant unloading all three shelves of the cupboard, but each configuration meant that at least one of the tiers would not be able to hold a standard spice jar, thus losing some valuable storage space. So we decided to place the shelves back into their original configuration. This cupboard is a bit of a ‘tardis’ a corner cupboard, that holds an amazing amount of gear. Of course it had to be emptied, whilst the shelves where being arranged. My kitchen tops were full of the contents, and as I was going out, and had to make a chicken in red wine stew, I was busy chopping in the narrowest of spaces. My poor husband was hunched in the most peculiar positions, whilst attempting removal of shelves, and I was left thinking was it all worth it.
Two Hours later my stew was prepared, and gently simmering on the hob, with delicious smells erupting from it, Brian had finally fixed all the shelves back into place, and was busy measuring ready to drill the required holes for fixing the spice rack. I was all ready in my exercise clothes ready for my Zumba Class, and at last things were getting there. So off I went, and one hour later arrived home to find spice rack in place, and my stew ready for consuming (it was delicious).
Wore me out just thinking about it, looks good and practical though.
ReplyDeleteSo when can have some of the chicken in red wine? You'll have to post a recipe
Love this one, great story. my spice cupboard has a lot to be desired
ReplyDeleteso you have given me the inspiration to throw a few old spices out
and get fresh ones, plastic containers don't work or mason jars they're
too big. Hey John what about Barbara's new spice rack?
I NEED on too!